2020 is almost here and like other mega events and product launches, the year is all set to bring joy to the life of video-game junkies. Sounds amazing? Right! Well, with new PlayStation and Xbox lined up to be released next year, it is undeniable that 2020 is full of thrills and excitement for gamers. You will get to play many new games on the current gaming consoles and many on the upcoming ones.
In this blog, we have rounded up the most anticipated video games that will be out in 2020. Let’s not wait too much and turn those lights way down low to find out what’s the upcoming year has in store for the gameaholics.
Upcoming Video Games 2020
- Dragon Ball Z- Kakarot
- One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Dying Light 2
- The Last of Us Part II
- Stranger Things
- Halo Infinite
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
- LEGO Star Wars La Saga Skywalker
Read Also >> A beginner’s guide to master Bitcoin Casino Market
Dragon Ball Z- Kakarot
- Developer– CyberConnect2
- Publisher– Bandai Namco
- Date of Release– 16 January 2020
- Platforms– PS4, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox One
- Genre– Action, role-playing game
After the success of Dragon Ball FighterZ, Bandai Namco is all set to make your new year more exciting with characters like Frieza, Vegeta, and Goku. This new action RPG game will incorporate Majin Buu story arc along with the other adventures, which makes Dragon Ball Z- Kakarot one of the best looking Dragon Ball games till date.
One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows
- Developer– Spike Chunsoft, Chunsoft
- Publisher– BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America
- Date of Release– 27 February 2020
- Platforms– Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One
- Genre– Fighting game
Available in both single and multiplayer modes, One Punch Man is a 3D arena fighting game that features a unique character, Saitama. The character has the capability of defeating everyone except himself in just one punch. To add up some spice, the game also includes a dream version of Saitama who appears in pajamas.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Developer– Moon Studios
- Publisher– Xbox Game Studios
- Date of Release– 11 March 2020
- Platforms– Microsoft Windows, Xbox One
- Genre– Metroidvania, Adventure game
The year 2020 will bring a great piece of news for the adventurous game lovers as an absolutely enchanting game with amazing, hand-painted backdrops and a heart-touching story is all your way. The details about the game are not so clear, yet it seems that Ori will be coupled with a purple-feathered owl whose species are near to its extinction.
Dying Light 2
- Developer– Techland
- Publisher– Techland
- Date of Release– Spring 2020
- Platforms– PS4, Windows, and Xbox One
- Genre– Action, role-playing game, survival horror
Sequel to 2015’s most popular game, Dying light, is all set to be released in the upcoming year. It is an open-world first-person zombie apocalyptic-themed RPG in which players can navigate the city by sliding, climbing ledges, running on the walls, and performing other actions. Available in single and double-player mode, part two of Dying Light has more than double parkour moves and some of them can be used only in the specific areas of the city.
The Last of Us Part II
- Developer– Naughty Dog
- Publisher– Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Date of Release– 29 May 2020
- Platforms– PS4
- Genre– Action, adventure, survival horror
The Last of Us Part II is a sequel to 2013’s popular PlayStation exclusive zombie game of all times. In this new part, players can use firearms and the latest weapons along with the stealth to protect themselves from hostile humans and cannibalistic creatures. You can play this PS4-exclusive game in a single-player mode only.
- Developer– Phobia
- Publisher– Devolver Digital
- Date of Release– 1 June 2020
- Platforms– PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows
- Genre– Action, adventure, horror
Carrion is a next-level horror video game where players will play as a monster and cause destruction by consuming the enemies. You will get new abilities as you reach the next level. The game is scheduled to be out for the gamers in June.
- Developer– Next Games
- Publisher– Next Games
- Date of Release– July 2020
- Platforms– iOS and Android
- Genre– Role-play games
Considering the popularity of Netflix’s original web series, Stranger Things, Next Games has decided to launch the same as a video game. Similar to the series, the players in the game will be allowed to explore the world upside down while they travel to school, work, or just roam around the town. It’s gonna be too much fun!
- Developer– 343 Industries, SkyBox Labs
- Publisher– Xbox Game Studios
- Date of Release– Quarter4 2020
- Platforms– PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X
- Genre– First-person shooter
The Halo series is all set to make its comeback with its sixth game, Halo Infinite, which is probably a launch for the next-generation Xbox console. The game will take forward the story of Master Chief and will walk on the footprints of Halo 5 Guardians. Get ready for the adventure!
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
- Developer– Hardsuit Labs
- Publisher– Paradox Interactive, Deep Silver
- Date of Release– March 2020
- Platforms– Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Genre– Role-play games, action
The game is set on White Wolf’s tabletop role-playing game Vampire: The Masquerade. The story of this most anticipated game includes a man who got killed and then wakes up as a vampire. Once players of the game realize that they are vampires, they must upgrade their powers and become part of one of the blood clans.
LEGO Star Wars La Saga Skywalker
- Developer– Traveller’s Tales, TT Games
- Publisher– Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Date of Release– 2020
- Platforms– Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows
- Genre– Adventure, action
2020 will bring a new addition to the Lego-themed action-adventure games for Switch, PC, Xbox One, and PS4 users. The game is not linked to any of the previous games of the series as each episode of it has its exclusive hub loaded with planets. You will have to visit and explore the planets. The game has a total of forty-five levels that need to be completed.
To know more about the best video games of 2020, stay tuned!